Friday, November 30, 2012

From Good to Bad or From Good to Great?

(ESV Bible in middle, The Gift For All People by Max Lucado on right, The Radical Question by David Platt on bottom left, Beautiful Girlhood on top left.)



Have you ever felt, after a week of not digging into God’s word, like you’ve changed in a way you didn’t want? Well, I have. I feel a void inside of me. One night I was listening to “Jesus In Disguise,” my favorite song. I use to sing to it all the time, even when my siblings were asleep; but a scary thing happened, I didn’t. It may not seem scary to you but I love music, it’s my heart, and to suddenly NOT sing to it because I don’t feel the urge to is scary. So today I felt led to write this. It’s about what happened to me when I stopped digging into God’s word. It might happen to you if you do the same. You never know, I did the wrong thing in thinking I didn’t need God and I paid the price for it. 

So here it is…

The hands that made cards with scripture now dishonor You, Oh Lord. The mouth that once spoke truth to others now brings an empty word. The voice that once sang to You and the hands that once praised You are now a disgrace and leave a hopeless message. The road I once walked down to get to Music Row, that You, The Lord almighty, paved, is now lost. I, am lost. I did not wish to be lost like this but I had to pay a price for falling back in laziness. But now, Lord, I recognize my mistake, help me out of the pit of ‘giving up’ and set me up to go on. Bring back the scripture to my heart and plant it like a seed, fill me with words of meaning and speak through me again. Lift my hands once more to You in praise and song, let my words praise and please you once again.  Help me to find the road to Music Row and guide my every step again. Oh Lord, I do not wish to be exiled and alone. I don’t want to go from good to bad, I want to go from good to great in your eyes alone. 

In your hand, am I steady. In your mouth alone lie the words of Power and Truth. In your hand alone can you bring me back to the road I once walked on. In your heart and your heart alone do I find Peace, Love, Joy, and Forever Love. In you, Oh Lord, do I truly belong. In you, Lord, am I complete. For without you I am like a sheep without a shepherd, a guitar without a player, a coat that collects dust and is never worn. With you, oh God, I am guided, I am played, and I am worn.

Break my heart for what breaks yours for I do not want to go from good to bad. Search my heart and find what holds me back, in this life, from pursuing my dreams and sharing your Word with those who don’t know. Help me be the person you’ve called me to be, in sight, in speech, in song, in praise, in Love, and in all I do. You alone can heal my empty heart, fill my void spots, and heal brokenness. For you are the one TRUE God, perfect in every way. You alone can take away my pain and guide me in the right direction.  I’m on my knees asking for forgiveness from you. I’m in tears crying out to you in my brokenness,

Why, O Lord, do you stand far away? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?” 
– Psalm 10:1 

I need to be found. Find me, then guide me again.



Favorite - Brandon Heath 
"Jesus in Disguise"


 Others:
Tenth Avenue North “Times”

Third Day “Miracle”

Jason Castro “Only a Mountain”

Sanctus Real “Promises”



God Bless,

Ashley M. Jones

 



No comments:

Post a Comment